This responsive and supportive service is here to help you and your baby (between the ages of 0-3 years) that may have special developmental needs or health concerns which may put them at risk for, or cause, a developmental delay. Some examples of this may include helping your infant or toddler with their talking, walking, and/or eating; or maybe they were born with Down syndrome, cerebral palsy, have trouble hearing or seeing, or babies born early or having trouble gaining weight. We also provide supports to those who have had Children, Youth & Family Department (CYFD) involvement, history of drug use, mental illness or homelessness.
Anyone can make a referral to our Early Intervention program.
What Services Does NAPPR Early Intervention Provide?
Personalized Family Service Coordination
Comprehensive Child Developmental Evaluation
Individualized Learning Experiences
Special therapies include:
- Social Work,
- Music, Speech and Language,
- Occupational and Physical Therapy
Home and Community Visits
Parent-Driven Child Activities
Parenting Support & Motivation
Connection to Community Resources
Assistance in Achieving Family Goals
Who Qualifies for NAPPR Early Intervention?
- Families living in Bernalillo, Sandoval, Cibola, and Valencia counties.
- Infants/toddlers with an established condition such as cerebral palsy, Down Syndrome, hearing loss, vision loss, etc.
- Infants/Toddlers who have or are at risk for a developmental delay or health concerns.
- Infants/toddlers with a medical risk such as prematurity (less than a 32 week gestation), low birth weight, chronic ear infections, cleft lip and palate etc.
How Do You Get Started?
If you think you might be interested in our Early Intervention Program or would like to learn more, click the Get Started button below, or call us at (505) 345-6289. One of our Developmental Specialists will then come and meet with you to discuss your questions, concerns and gather some basic information to help us determine next steps.